Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A prisoner no more

the mentality we have to get passed is "I can't because I'm _________". as long as we associate a color with being negative or more positive we continue to limit our own possibilities. We all know that the world we live in has a structure not designed for most but then again, that in itself is not the final word. We must continue and strive for changes that benefit all and not just the few. Saying.... "I can't do this or reach that because I'm black or they won't let me make it that far because I'm black, white, purple or green is a self defeating action towards self. As a man I vow to never give up and/or limit my progress or Destiny as a result of something so minuscule as color. The greatest prison any man can be held captive in is his OWN mind. The strongest prison ever built holds BILLIONS and yet has no bars, walls or even guards........it was built long ago and each person has the key but we are so afraid to simply use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment