Sunday, September 1, 2013

MommaDear

I LOVED seeing my Grandmother yesterday, she's such a sweet little old lady lol. She has alzheimer's so conversation loops but it's endearing because she's so genuine and loving no matter what. She says "Baby well thank you for helping me in the house, do you know my son Billy Joe" Me: "yes ma'am that's my Dad" Her: "oh really *laughter* you're so youthful looking and handsome" Me: "Thank you MommaDear"

*5 minutes later*

Her: "And who are you, you're a handsome young man" Me: "thank you mamadear I'm your grandson, I'm Billy's Son" *She busts out laughing "WELL I'LL BE!!" Yall grew up so fast"  we talked like that for about an hour. I loved every minute. I remember when she was healthy, I'd clean her room and she'd give me 50 cents.  I'd take the money and run to the corner store and get a bag full of penny candy then go hide it under the bed. Any time I got in trouble I would run to her room and she would save me from a butt whooping saying "Billy leave that boy alone" the only time she got upset was when we played in the room where the "good furniture" was, of course it had the plastic on it lol. So many good memories. I remember once myself, my brother Zuberi Givens and my cousin Kelvin Smith were playing in the back field with a barrel, lots of wood and matches. You can see where this is going smh. We left the fire going and came in to eat lunch. Then we smell smoke, look out the back window and see the entire field on fire. We start freaking out and my Dad's car pulls up.........I'm a dead kid walking (x_x). My Dad walks in and he KNEW we had something to do with it, he starts fussing and I pretty much saw my life flash before me lol. Then MommaDear walks in and says "Billy I'm so glad you burned all that high grass back there, no telling what was crawling back there, snakes and OOOO I can't stand snakes, how do they walk with no legs". YES!!! He got the praise and my backside was safe to sit lol. I was saved!! No whooping but my Dad just looked at me and said "I owe you one" lol.

Memories like that stick out in my life, last night was no different.  Cherish your loved ones folks. Life is short and before you know it everyone is gone. What lasts forever are the moments we create together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment