Monday, July 11, 2016

Black Lives matter

*Disclaimer* this is a LONG post but if you are my friend, please read.

Yo, im all for equality and coming together as the human race but I gotta put this out there so ALL my friends know my stance. As a military brat I grew up with all kinds of ethnicities and was exposed to numerous cultures. All my friends were from different backgrounds and we even called ourselves the UN and the rainbow coalition because we literally had damn near every ethnic background within our circle of friends. We had gaming, skateboarding, cartoons and comics in common. Race was never an issue with us but I was called a nigger by ONE of my friend's grand father. Before that I'd never encountered racism. I was pretty hurt by it because I had never felt such hatred and it was just because I was black. When we moved to Mississippi I experienced it even more. The world as I knew it had changed. My parents had a long talk with me about becoming a black male adult and it was an eye opener. I cannot make any of my white friends understand this but my world is completely different than yours. YOU may not be racist but there are many that exist and when I say hate is real, trust me. I fear for my life each time I'm pulled over or even just being in an area where many black people do not reside. I said all that to say this. When a black person is an advocate of "black Lives matter" they are not AGAINST all other lives. We know that all lives matter but with the history of this country and more recently as we've seen with the the many videos thanks to technology and social media our lives don't seem to matter. Yes there is black on black crime but guess what, their is white on white, brown on brown and whatever else you want to throw in. People who live in close proximity tend to kill each other more....go figure.

Please do NOT be ignorant and act like racist cops, politicians and regular people with racist mindsets don't exist in all parts of society. I KNOW there are good cops so cop lives matter too. I have a lot of police friends. Good cops losing their lives is tragic none the less. Please understand that NOTHING is a coincidence when it comes to racism. I'm not pulling the race card, im not playing the victim but I NEED you to understand that this isn't something made up. Just ponder how many black people have been killed or imprisoned just for being black. Yes, it happens. Just ask yourself this question, would you like to be treated like black people in this society? Be honest. If your answer is no, that means you acknowledge the unjustified treatment and you don't want it for yourself but you don't care enough to help change it because it doesn't directly effect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment